A perfect place for kindie field trips!
Fields trips are open to kindergarten-age students in traditional school classes, home school groups, and other specialized learning groups.
$10.00+hst per student
Primary Educators, Early Childhood Educators and one-on-one Educational Assistants accompanying the class, are free of charge. One adult volunteer for every 5 students is also included, free of charge.
We believe that children learn best through play. To that end, we do our best to support and encourage unstructured and independent play as much as possible by doing away with any unnecessary instruction and adult -led art “activities”.
Our stations do not need explanation: students will for the most part, understand, be challenged or curious and inspired to play right away. We encourage Educators to allow students to make their own decisions about where and for how long they play at each station. Warning! Some may stay engaged at a particular station for long periods of time.
In the studio, students will have opportunity to engage in messy art making and meaningful play. Our studio believes in age-appropriate art making. For best practice, this means that the process of art is more important than the product. No step-by-step identical artwork is created here. Our studio provides the materials, space and time so students can pursue their interests, at their own pace.
DATES AND BOOKING
- Field trips can be booked either mornings and/or afternoons on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- We recommend booking a minimum of 4 weeks in advance for best availability.
FEES AND CAPACITY
- $10.00+hst per student
- All Educators are free of charge. One adult volunteer for every 5 students is included, free of charge.
- Additional adults are not recommended and would be charged the drop-in fee of $13+hst, and may be turned away if we are at capacity.
- A minimum of 15 to a maximum of 30 students are allowed inside our studio at one time.
- Our studio is open to the public during your visit.
- In order for students to fully experience our studio, it is recommended that students dress appropriately …students cannot be freely themselves in our space if they have to worry about their clothes.